• Vessels : 6750 TEU & 13119 TEU containers
• Scope of assessment : Container vessels had modified the bow for saving energy and fuel consumption
• Conclusion : The savings in fuel was not .found justifying the investment on the modification.This was a major decision taken by the owners before huge investment
Download the case study (pdf).
• Vessels : Containers & Bulkers
• Scope of assessment : A special paint was applied for one of the sister vessel after DD on the claim for a lesser hull fouling
• Conclusion : The specially painted vessel performance was compared with her sister vessels performance and found the claim to be valid and ROI was good
* Paint study is typical example. Similar studies were carried out for PBCF installation, silicon coating on propeller etc.
• Vessels : Containers
• Scope of assessment : To access the common reporting errors and rectify
• Conclusion : A major reporting error was found in reporting the fuel* Helped the owners to identify an issue in calibration of flow meters
* The reported data was analysed using the data monitoring tool and found a mismatch between the reported FO and ROB against the bunker data.
• Vessels : Bulk Carrier
• Scope of assessment : Study was conducted to understand the fuel savings from PBCF installation.
• Conclusion : It was identified that the vessel has gained 4.8% on Fuel oil consumption after the PBCF installation.